Did you know that February is National Heart Health Month? Introducing Olive Oil into your diet is one of the best and easiest things that you can do for your heart? Olive oil is high in a type of fat known as monounsaturated fat, according to the Mayo Clinic. MUFAs, as they're commonly called, can help lower your cholesterol and control insulin levels in the body. Unfortunately, according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (N.I.H.), Heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year, killing approximately one woman every 80 seconds. Fortunately, we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac and stroke events may be prevented with education and action.
- Get Active: Daily physical activity increases your length and quality of life. Getting at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity, each day will greatly improve your health.
- Control Cholesterol: When you control your cholesterol, you are giving your arteries their best chance to remain clear of blockages.
- Eat Better: Healthy foods are the fuel our bodies use to make new cells and create the energy we need to thrive and fight diseases.
- Manage Blood Pressure: When your blood pressure stays within healthy ranges, you reduce the strain on your heart, arteries, and kidneys which keeps you healthier longer.
- Lose Weight: Even losing as few as five or ten pounds can produce a dramatic blood pressure reduction.
- Reduce Blood Sugar: If your fasting blood sugar level is below 100, you are in the healthy range. If not, your results could indicate diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Stop Smoking: Cigarette smokers have a higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease. If you smoke, quitting is the best thing you can do for your health.
In honor of National Heart Health Month, Patricia & Paul invites you to stock up on their nutritious Olive Oil and Balsamics every Wednesday during their Buy 3 get 1 free special. Buy any 3 oils or balsamic and get 1 of the same size free! What better way to improve your health while creating delicious meals for you and your family!!!
Patricia & Paul
20 Elm Street
Westfield, NJ 07090