The Westfield Art Association
The Westfield Art Association is an eighty-six-year-old organization, founded in 1922. Association members are artists and patrons of the arts. Monthly meetings are at the Municipal Building Community Room. For meeting and membership information, please visit the Art Association website.
The Westfield Art Association activities include:
- Artyfacts publication
- Four public meetings where artists demonstrate their art
- Landscape painting groups will meet on Wednesday and Friday mornings
- Mini displays at area locations
- One Member's show in the municipal building
- Outreach Programs
- Sketching professional models on Thursdays from 9:30 am until 12:30 pm in the Municipal Building Community Room
- Special Interest Social Groups
The Westfield Stamp Club
The Westfield Stamp Club is devoted to the collection and preservation of stamps and postal history. Monthly meetings are held at the Municipal Building Community Room. The club acquires noted speakers on all aspects of philately and hosts an annual show in March. New members are welcome. Email Ed Grabowski or call 908-233-9318 for additional information.
Westfield Community Concert Band
Westfield Community Concert Band traces its heritage back to the mid-1890s. The band has also performed on WOR radio, before audiences as large as 40,000, and has been included in a book about New Jersey. Today the band contributes to the cultural milieu of Westfield and Union County through its well-known Summer Concert Series, (2008 was its 96th season), the Westfield Christmas Tree Lighting festivities, the Annual Holiday Concert, the Memorial Day Parade, and many other events.
For information visit the Community Band's website. The Westfield Band is always interested in hearing from musicians that would like to join their family. Please email the band or contact Dr. Thomas Connors at 908-737-4327. If you would like to show up in person, rehearsals are held on Wednesdays, 7:30 pm at the Municipal Building Community Room.
- Maestro - Dr. Thomas Connors
- President - Barry Rosenberg
- Vice President - Eileen O'Donnell
- Special Events Chairperson - Bevlynne Musgrave