The Recreation Department offers Special Events throughout the year. Programs offered include, but are not limited to:
- Community Concert Band
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- Discount Amusement Park Tickets
- Discount Lift Tickets
- Holiday Concert
- Summer Concert Series
- Teen Programs
- Teen Swims
- Trips and Other Great Events
Please see the Program Information tab for events and activities.
Come join us for this fun challenge! This event is free for all ages! You will have 2 months to complete 100 miles! You can run, walk, bike, do yoga, a HIIT workout, or any workout you prefer to total up to 100 miles! When you register you will be emailed a copy of our conversion chart for all workouts.
Be sure to post pictures on social media of your progress using the hashtag Number HustlingTo2021. You can purchase a sweatshirt for $25 dollars. Register online.
The Recreation Department hosts an unforgettable Daddy Daughter Dance event open to all Westfield resident girls grades 1st through 5th and their fathers or male guardian. Register online!
- The Westwood, Garwood NJ - Sunday, March 8, 2020, from 5 pm to 8 pm
- For Westfield residents grades 1st to 5th
- Cost Per Person: $55 (early bird deadline 2/02/20) $65 (2/03 through 3/1/20 or when the event is full) There is an optional fee of $3 if you would prefer your photo to be mailed to your home.
- This special evening will consist of a 5 by 7 Father/Daughter professional portrait, hot dinner buffet and dessert, DJ, dancing, photo-screen, craft and tattoos, and an entire evening of fun!
- Pre-registration is required - No registration day of the event. (Limited spots available)
Please email the Westfield Recreation Department for additional information or call 908-789-4080.
Think you have what it takes to be the most festive house in the neighborhood? Join us for this town-wide contest! Register through the Westfield Recreation Department. The registration deadline is on December 9th at 11:59 pm. Lights must be on at night from December 12th to December 19th.
The public will be voting! The voting deadline is December 20th at 11:59 pm.
There will be one winner per category, Winner will receive $75 to use Downtown. Categories that you can enter for are:
- Be the Light Award - Brightest light design on the block
- Deck the Halls Award - Most traditional use of lights
- Hanukkah Lights - Show us your best Hanukkah display!
- It's a Wonderful Life Award - Professional Design was done by a business
- North Pole Award - Creative lawn design and characters
View more about category descriptions and instructions (PDF)!