Central Avenue Mural Gallery
Calling all artists! The Westfield Public Arts Commission is seeking artwork for a new community mural that will be displayed on both sides of the underpass on Central Avenue.
- Provide a bright and colorful backdrop to revive and reimagine a public space in town
- Create a new, must-see destination in Westfield
- Honor a famed Westfield native
- The artwork will be completed on panels that are 4 x 8 feet each.
- Side one of the mural will be centered around the theme of Welcome, utilizing mages that or words that visually represent that feeling to the community.
- Side two will honor famed Westfield native Charles Addams. These works can include images or themes from his characters of The Addams Family, his long career as an editorial cartoonist for The New Yorker, or portraits of the illustrator himself.
Artists can submit designs no larger than three panels in size, and may submit a design for both sides of the mural. The submission deadline is Wednesday, July 21.
Please download one of the mural templates below and submit concept sketches to email@example.com. Submissions do not need to be perfectly rendered finished artworks, but instead enough to give the idea of the intended design and direction. Multiple renditions and ideas may be submitted.
Selected artists will receive primed panels, a detailed supply list, and a stipend of $150 per panel. Final artwork for the Welcome side must be done by August 16. Final artwork for the Charles Addams side must be done by September 1.
Please consider the following submission guidelines:
- Include painting a frame that will fit organically into your design to help give the feeling of a gallery space
- Include how many 4 x 8 panels your design will need (maximum of three)
- Submit a design that can easily be scaled larger
- Work must be able to be executed within the allotted timeframe
All submissions will be reviewed blindly. The Welcome side entries will be reviewed by the Westfield Public Arts Commission, and the Charles Addams side will be reviewed by The Tee and Charles Addams Foundation Executive Director, Kevin Miserochi and the AddamsFest Committee.