Memorial Day Parade
The Memorial Day Parade is back this year!
Once again, The Martin Wallberg American Legion Post 3 will host this beloved tradition to honor America's heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice. The Town is assisting this effort by collecting registration information for organizations interested in marching. The parade will take place on Monday, May 30.
This year, the parade organizers unveiled a new route designed to maximize participation by the marchers and the spectators. The traditional solemn ceremony to honor our fallen heroes will begin at 9:00 AM in Monument Circle. The parade will immediately follow, beginning on East Broad Street and turning left on North Euclid, ending in Mindowaskin Park. The Westfield Police Department will then escort all participating veterans to Fairview Cemetery for the annual solemn service held there. All residents are invited to join the American Legion between 12:00 and 4:00 for a barbecue with music and entertainment.
The Grand Marshall of the parade is First Sergeant Joseph W. Toomey, a 34-year member of the NJ National Guard and currently the 1SG for Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 1st Regiment of the 102d Cavalry Squadron, located in Westfield.
Event schedule details:
- 8:00 AM: All parade participants to line up at the east end of Lord & Taylor
- 9:00 AM: Memorial Day traditional solemn ceremony in Monument Circle
- 9:45 AM: Parade begins down East Broad Street and proceeds left onto Euclid Avenue, ending at Mindowaskin Park
- 11:30 AM: Memorial Day service at Fairview Cemetery (1100 E Broad Street)
- 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Picnic with live music and entertainment at the American Legion Hall (1003 North Avenue)
For additional information, contact James McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-910-4100. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Joe Mindak at 201-410-8282 or email@example.com.