Applause & recognition for downtown Westfield businesses by news organizations, magazines & food bloggers.
Exploring New Jersey: Westfield
SEEN IN: Best Foods of New Jersey food blog February 20, 2020 edition
- RoosterSpin, 251 North Ave, by the train station. Insane double-fried wings, leveled up sushi and Korean food, vintage jazz records, periodic live music, local wine and sangria (BYOB), karaoke rooms in an urban loft. For music schedule contact email@example.com. Instagramhere.
- 16 Prospect Wine Bar & Bistro, 16 Prospect St, local haunt, live music nightly, full bar with martini menu, renowned Bloody Mary Oysters and exquisite lobster risotto. Instagramhere.
- Great warm Saturday evening itinerary 1958 Cuban Cuisine, 305 South Avenue, outside seating at this BYOB, and next door visit Roig Collection (Saturdays 11 AM – 5 PM or later by appointment, just call). Ricardo Roig is a young local artist from the community—he was a WHS art teacher and his wife is a Westfield elementary Spanish teacher—who’s on the cusp of big things. He painted the Westfield mural under the E. Broad Street train underpass. Instagram here.
- Addams Tavern 115 Elm Street, upscale rustic, soaring ceiling, sit by the fire, for a romantic night out, interesting cocktails, wine pairing, New American inspired cuisine, charcoal ovens, and wood-burning grills give a delicious ambiance.
- Family night out…Ice Skate at The Westfield Rink, 650 4th Avenue at Gumbert Park, hit Outta Hand Pizza, (instagram here) 311 South Ave., call ahead to reserve making your pizza ($15), either by tossing the dough yourself or having the Luan, the resident pizza expert, who’s made well over 100,000 pizzas—show you how it’s done. Burim, the owner, is a great guy who gives back to the community, making giant American flag pizzas for veterans, he has interactive experiences with people with special needs and most recently he ran into a burning 5-story building to alert and save the residents who he didn’t know.
- Next stop: Video game challenge… old school vs. new school at Yestercades, 151 E Broad Street. Authentic gelato or melted chocolate hot cocoa 1) The Chocolate Bar, (instagram here) 112 Quimby or old fashioned ice cream and confections from 2) Kilwins (instagram here) on 9 Elm St.
- Farinolio Cucina is a ticketed culinary dining experience on specific nights, starting San Valentino Dinner 2/14/20, hosted by the James Ward Mansion Westfield and Farinolio. Guests will enjoy Prosecco and order wine from NosVino wines and spirits. An elegant five-course meal will be served in the James Ward Mansion. A culinary experience is included when chef, Laura Orlando, will lead the group in making the gnocchi for one of their courses. Wine pairing is available from Nos Vinos, food by Farniolio Cucina, with authentic taste of Tuscany. Farinolio instagramhere.
Downtown Westfield is planning many more experiential types of events for all to love. Including an in-town scavenger hunt, walking food tours, dining clubs, health, and wellness events to name a few. Enjoy the beautiful town that Westfield has to offer and be on the lookout for their upcoming events!
" data-medium-file="https://bestfoodsnj.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/cropped-screen-shot-2020-01-14-at-10.25.38-pm.png?w=300" data-large-file="https://bestfoodsnj.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/cropped-screen-shot-2020-01-14-at-10.25.38-pm.png?w=660" />