Downtown Westfield's Virtual Girls’ Night Is May 28!
It's time to put more "social" into your social distancing. Due to COVID, the Downtown Westfield Girls Day & Night Out has been canceled—so we're going virtual!
We invite you and your girlfriends to connect with each other and make a date for Thursday, May 28th, for Downtown Westfield's Virtual Girls Night In.
Connect to the online PreParty from 3 PM to 5:30 PM on Thursday, May 28.
Join (and share) this Zoom link from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device:
Webinar ID: 870 6742 1402
Or you can view a live stream by visiting Downtown Westfield's Facebook page (@Westfield NJ – Downtown ) or YouTube page
Girls Night In Party Packages and Specials are available for purchase here.
Mayor Shelley Brindle will lead the event along with host Bob Zuckerman of the DWC, Councilpersons Dawn Mackey, and Linda Habgood—and Les Trent, a Westfield resident and senior correspondent on CBS's Inside Edition.
Downtown Westfield merchants will help get you ready for your virtual party with live 10-minute demos to achieve the most stylish quarantine hair, makeup, and accessories.
Participate in foodie challenges, learn to make cocktails with swagger and cheese plates with finesse. Enter a random drawing to win gift cards from your favorite downtown Westfield stores by emailing a photo of your receipt to GirlsNightIn@WestfieldToday.com.
So, no cleaning your house and no uncomfortable heels. Shop for your virtual party essentials, connect with friends, share an experience while supporting Westfield businesses.
How does it work?
1 It's your party. Send an Evite to connect with friends for a virtual cocktail party on the evening of Thursday, 5/28, using your favorite video chat platform. Chose your guest list, it could be a graduation party or a birthday bash—a book club or a low key get together. What really matters is making a connection with friends you're missing.
2 We'll make it festive. Downtown Westfield has everything you need to throw a spectacular virtual cocktail party with leveled-up food, cocktails, and activities to get the conversation going. Shop the Girls Night In Party Packages available from downtown Westfield merchants. Try your hand at a Quarantini Cocktail Kit, or roll sushi from the Nailed My Sushi Party Box, or start a band with a Virtual Group Ukulele Lesson and Sing-Along.
Purchase Girls Night In Party Packages for yourself and for friends so you will share the same fun online experience. Check your email, our website, and follow our Facebook and Instagram to see all the Party Packages coming soon next week!
3 Enter a random drawing. Email receipts from gift cards or any items from downtown Westfield purchased between 5/18 to 5/28 to GirlsNightIn@WestfieldToday.com to be entered into a random drawing. You could win a gift card to the store where the purchase was made.
4 Join us LIVE on the Girls Night In Pre Party 5/28 from 3 PM to 5:30 PM on Facebook Live @Westfield NJ - Downtown. Downtown Westfield merchants will help you get ready for your party with live demos on how to achieve the most stylish Quarantine hair, makeup, and accessories. Participate in foodie challenges, learn to make cocktails with swagger and cheese plates with finesse.
What should you expect for the Girls Night In PreParty on Facebook Live & ZOOM?
Downtown Westfield merchants will help get you ready for your party with live demos on how to achieve the most stylish Quarantine hair, makeup, and accessories. Participate in foodie challenges, learn to make cocktails with swagger and cheese plates with finesse. So, no cleaning your house and no uncomfortable heels. Shop, connect with friends around a central shared experience and enjoy a laugh while supporting downtown Westfield businesses.
Register here for the Virtual Girls Night In PreParty Zoom Link
- Patricia & Paul has teamed up with the Manatakis Girls, winners of Family Food Showdown on Food Network for a Girls Night In cooking class. They will share three of their favorite go-to Greek appetizers; Spicy Feta Dip, Secret Family Greek Meatballs, and Garlic Beet Potato Dip. Buy the essential ingredients kit from Patricia & Paul to receive a zoom link to join in on the fun with a Live cooking class on 5/28 from 7 PM -8 PM. One of our lucky zoom participants will win a $50 gift card at the end of the night! (Recipe cards and shopping list are included so you can cook along with Chef Soph, Mamma Manatakis, and Marina.
- Tim from 16 Prospect, will lead us in making a bartender-approved Quarantini–pick up everything you need in 16 Prospect's Quarantini Kit,
- Kiera, a celebrity makeup artist, shares how to achieve on-trend contouring and highlighting, using her contouring/highlighting kits in light/medium/dark from Blende,
- Lillen from Akai Lounge wants to know if you have what it takes to roll Instagramable sushi. Take the Akai Lounge Nail That Sushi Challenge—using their Make Your Own Sushi Party Kit. Tag your masterpiece at #NailedMySushi @Akai_Lounge #GirlsNightInWestfield and you could be deemed the winner.
- Could your house use a refresh? Ed from The Farm House Store will show how to buy furniture that suits your style now, even during the quarantine.
- Janus will auction of new Salvatore Ferragamo bag from Janus’ Closet, with proceeds going to the We Love Local fund,
- Laura from Farniolio Cucina will lead us in a Tuscan cooking lesson using Farniolio Ingredient Kit,
- Terri from J. McLaughlin will show their “Upperwear,” spring tops and the newest trend—how to wear scarves in your hair. One lucky viewer will win a J.McLaughlin scarf.
- Claudia from Elegant Image Salon will show you ten stylish ways to hide your grey roots—including her professionally mixed home hair coloring kit,
- Miriam & Hillary will demonstrate the essential elements and assembly to make a photo-worthy snack. Mimi & Hill Cheese Board Design Kit has everything you need from stylish handmade trays, cheese knives, all the snacks, and wine pairing recommendations from Nos Vino.
- Dan from DanTee Hair Architects will present simple solutions to make peace with your “au naturale” quarantine hair using products you may already have at home,
- Valencia Music School will get the party started with a live Ukulele lesson and sing along with owners Kelly and Jose. Virtual group lesson packages are available for your next party. Send in your party song requests for a live music set after the sing-along. Ukuleles in the $50 range are available for curbside pickup John from Golden Age on E. Broad Street. Call 908.301.0001, or email email@example.com.